Tuesday 13 November 2012

Winners and #nanowrimo update

Firstly, a big thank you to all of you who hopped on by during the Autumn Harvest Blog. I loved hearing about your Autumn memories, and what the season means to you.

I've chosen my winners with the help of random.org.

Cassandra wins a copy of Masks Of A Tiger


Angels Cove and crystaley73 both win a copy from my back list!

****

Now, onto other things, you will note in the side bar, I am running two giveaways on Goodreads. This is in celebration of my birthday, and the small fact that this Friday marks the one year Anniversary of my being published. More about that on Friday, so do hop on by then, because it's release day for Masks Of A Tiger, and I'll be having a bit of a party!!

*big grin*

And last but by no means least, if you follow my ramblings you will know that I'm taking part in NaNoWriMo this month. My project was book three of the Giovanni. Originally I was going to start from scratch, but after re-reading the 25 K I already had of the story, I decided to edit those 25 K, rewriting and adding, as I went along and then kept going. As a result I got back into the story, my fingers flew and I typed those wonderful words The End under 'Too Devious To Tame' in the early hours of Sunday morning.

*squees and jumps about like a loon*

As you may have guessed, I am rather happy about that, because I'd stalled on that story for so long, it is a fabulous feeling to know that it's done. It currently stands at 56 K in all its unedited glory. I'm sure once I've given it a good edit, and my crit partner has got her red pen out, it will be closer to 60 K. I can already see that a few scenes will need expanding and I have the distinct impression that she will tell me off and make me add a sex scene. She does like details and tells me off for cheating!

*snorts*

So, my current Nano Total is 32,811 K after I wrote a Christmas short and added that to my total too. So, I need a new project to hit my Nano Goal.

I know the aim is to write 50 K on one novel, so I am cheating slightly, but hey, they are all new words after all. I am aiming for another 50 K story with my new project, which is called, Unwanted Innocence.

I spent a happy couple of hours putting my pinterest board together for the story, and my new hero has been whispering in my ear ever since, so I need to get off here and start writing.

Wish me luck!

Oh and check the new story out here :-)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on completing book 3! And good luck with the next story :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete