Thursday 5 June 2014

#Authorinterview with @Kacey_Mark #newrelease Prom night in Purgatory



With us today is Romance Author, Kacey Mark.


  1. Tell us about your “big break” in the publishing world. Was there any one person believe in your work first (besides yourself of course)? What did you do to celebrate your first contract?

My first big break came from Evernight. I had a few other offers, but I couldn’t pass up the amazing cover art, and the author support is top notch!

To celebrate, I purchased bumper stickers and sent them off to family across the country, who took great pleasure in strategically plastering their world. It was a riot, and so humbling, the outpouring of support. So I do my best to pay it forward wherever possible.

  1. What is your favorite junk food?

I love Pizza. I order it every Friday night. Like Rain Man. Everyone in my home knows what day it is, because I don’t stop obsessing over it until the leftovers are gone.

  1. What is your favorite meal that you wish you could eat at least three times a week?

Well it’s not lettuce, I’ll tell you that. I get teased a lot for eating my “rabbit food” because at my day job, it’s all they see. When I’m at home I love comfort food. Casseroles—I haven’t met one I didn’t like J

  1. Preference –Iron Man or Wolverine?

I love Iron Man, because he’s a pretentious flirt, and I see little bits of him in all the male heroes I write.

  1. What five items do you take everywhere with you – besides cell phone, keys and purse/wallet?

Sunglasses and sunscreen- The elements and I are not friends. If I were an old-time pioneer crossing the plains, they would have snuck away without me mid-way through. Too tired of hearing me complain

EPI-Pen and allergy pills– I don’t have allergies, but many-a-family-member does. My past nursing experience has turned me into an ever-ready first-responder.

 Sticky pads –When inspiration strikes me in during my morning commute, they get plastered all over my dashboard.

  1. Have you ever thrown a book you’ve been reading against the wall because you couldn’t finish it?

Not really. I have so little time to read and I value my friend’s opinions. So when they clamber about a book, I read it.

If there’s bad press about another, I won’t pick it up.

It’s actually taught me a lot about how other readers pick their own books. Word of mouth is a big influence, believe you me!

  1. No matter the story, where do you always draw inspiration from when you begin each story?

From my environment, for sure. My friends, family, coworkers, frienemies and enemies. They all have given me inspiration to write what I do.
Never about one person in particular.
Besides, with some of the people I know, no one would believe it. Sometimes life really is stranger than fiction.

  1. What book – print or e-book – is sitting on top of your to be read pile that you are eager to read?

Whatever the next Gina Showalter is. She’s amazing. One of the few authors that I can just sit back and enjoy without critique.

  1. What three words best describe you?

Batty – because I try to be all sleek and mysterious but usually end up fumbling around in the dark.

Cheerleader - I have a huge heart and I love to encourage newbie authors. I get a major charge from critique. I wish I could do it full-time!
I’m no expert, we’re all learning, but I love dragging people up the latter with me and having friends to celebrate successes with.

Crass – It’s no secret that I love to let my redneck peek out in the right kind of crowd. I’m usually pretty quiet among strangers, but when I’m hanging with my hometown friends, look-out!

     So in short, I’m a crass-a-bat-leader! LOL

  1. If you were given an all-expense paid, five day/night trip to anywhere, where would you go?

Today? I’d go down south. It’s getting a little chilly up here, and I miss my brother and sister in Alabama.

I have a few stops to make along the way too. Like earning a few beads on New Orleans’s French Quarter—okay, I’m not that brave, but maybe buy some before I get there just to tease the hubby. I can always use a good spanking. LOL
And Noodling in Georgia, that’s on my bucket list too.


  1. Who are some of your fave authors?

Gina Showalter – Her heroes are so drool-worthy. She’s my number one.
Victoria Dahl – Writes true-to-life characters that I love. I met her once and nearly squeed my pants.
Anne Stuart – Writes suspense like no other. I had a chance to meet her and chickened out. I could flog myself for that one!

  1. What publishers can we find your stories at?

All of my DARK MUSE novels are presently on Amazon and with Evernight Publishing: http://www.amazon.com/Kacey-Mark/e/B00IZPAQYW/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1401207599&sr=1-2-ent

And the first book in my a new PURGATORY series it coming out with The Wild Rose Press
 

Blurb:



BAILA GREY’S cancer has returned.

She’s got twenty-five candles on her birthday cake, six months to live, and one middle finger for her slow and painful ending.

As a conduit to the afterlife and valuable member of her ghost exterminating team, she’s a record holder for most risks taken in a lifetime. She’s not dead yet, but her friends are already morning her. And with her inability to land even a single live boyfriend, she’s ready to shoot that record sky high. Conjuring the legendary ghost of ASHER LANDIN, might be the best option for a grand finale. But to face that stone wall of sex appeal with a terminal illness, would mean risking his rejection with no second chances left. Game over.

Asher lives for his job—not that you could really call it living, he’s dead. But it’s all he exists for. As The Collector, his gateway to the ever-changing world above only swings one way, and the morsels of life he gathers is his only defense against insanity. That is, until a tart little chasse by the name of Baila breaks through, and he truly learns the meaning of insane. With his father ready to hand over the family business and his step-mother fighting for power, Asher needs to prove his ability to control not only the realm of purgatory, but his increasing urge to chase Baila around like a lunatic.?


  1. The cover.


  1. buy link to the book.
http://www.amazon.com/Kacey-Mark/e/B00IZPAQYW/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1401207599&sr=1-2-ent

  1. Your social network links where readers can contact you.

Twitter: @Kacey_Mark

http://www.authorkaceymark.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Kacey-Mark/218199808200456

  1. A photo of yourself (optional).



1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you, Kacey. Congratulations on your new book.

    ReplyDelete