Monday 31 October 2011

Book review - Kill me tomorrow - Diane Alberts


Kill Me TomorrowJasmine Baruch is a jinn—a supernatural being who fights demons with fire. While that’s difficult enough, she’s got bigger problems. She’s a virgin, and in the jinn culture, that is sheer blasphemy. Jinn are supposed to be passionate, promiscuous creatures—everything she isn’t. Due to marry the next day, she takes matters into her own hands by using 1Night Stand. But, like the rest of her life, nothing is easy. The man chosen for her, though incredibly gorgeous, is a demi-sanguine; a half-human, half-demon–her enemy.

Gavin Werbato is looking for an easy night of sex. Nothing more, nothing less. Instead, he gets a gorgeous jinn convinced it is her duty to kill him. He can certainly think of better things to do with her soft hands than murder. He need only convince her of that…

Can the fire sparked when these beings collide be controlled, or will it consume their world as they know it?









From the minute I read the blurb,I knew I had to read this book!


And I'm so glad I did. I read this in one sitting and could not put it down. I found myself rooting for Jasmine from the first page. You really feel for her. Being labelled the Ice Jinn, she has never experienced sexual desire and is desperate to lose her virginity, so as not to disgrace her family. It is her duty to marry on her birthday and to procreate immediately, as the Jinn race is in desperate need of male off spring.


So her plan is to have a one night stand, just to lose her virginity, because being a virgin on her wedding night would be the ultimate disgrace.


I love the line in the book where she thinks it would really suck to feel desire for someone, she would have to kill. Of course this is exactly what happens to her when she walks into Gavin.


Sent by the agency she used to set up this one night stand, Gavin has his hands full trying to stop Jasmine from killing him on the spot. The inconvenient thing being that he finds her completely irresistible and can't just walk away.


Jasmine feels sexual desire for the first time and she agrees to postpone killing Gavin till the morning and just enjoy what's on offer - one night of sex with no strings attached. Or so they both think.


Unaware of the other's customs Jasmine's virginity causes an interesting  and unexpected twist. I shan't tell you what is, because it would be too much of a spoiler :-)


This is a short, extremely sexy and humorous read and it left me wanting to read more. I will look out for this author in future.


Diane will be on my blog on 9th November, so do pop in and meet her.


In the meantime you can read an excerpt from the book here

No comments:

Post a Comment