Thursday 17 July 2014

Hot bod alert! Being Luca's @RavenMcAllan #newrelease @evernightpub #rotg

It's officially Raven week on my blog, as the lovely Raven is back  today with another new release, and lucky woman that I am I've had Luca all to myself for a bit.

*swoons*

Well, just look at him!



Raven here. I sent Luca to chat to Doris about his new book, Being Luca's.

Leigh, my heroine told me that was cruel because he could tie any woman up in knots in seconds, and not in a Shibari way either. Because as Leigh told me… "Sheesh that voice, with its sexy Italian accent and the hint of all things naughty does delicious things to my insides. And my outsides as well. It's darned hard trying to concentrate on anything…"

I wonder if Doris will feel the same?

Over to her and Luca…

L So, Raven tells me you are a friend Doris? Will you be my friend as well?
Laughs, I hope you will, because any friend of Raven should be a friend of mine. After all Raven gave Leigh and I an opportunity for a second change to be together again, and I never thought it would happen. We're both stubborn creatures, who don't give in easily, so it was inevitable sparks would fly.
Our story could so easily have finished before it really got started. Because I'm in the public eye, certain people think you're fair game for any sort of crap they want to throw at you, or write about you, and you should sit back and take it.
Shrug
Not so. Why should total rubbish be written about me, and I'm not able to answer back? The problem was, it wasn't my story to explain, but it cost me dearly. Anyway, with Raven's help, Leigh and I at least talked again. Did we sort out our problems?
SmilesWinks. You'll need to read the book to find out eh?
But now, let's have some fun eh?
D looks worried

L No nothing awful. I say a word or three, you say the first thing that comes into your head. Si?
D nods.

L so… here we go… Racing
D Driver  

L ice cream
D Chocolate

L Flame retardant underwear wink
D *snort* too much hassle to get off

L  love al fresco
D perfect

L Chocolate
D Cadburys

L Completion
D Bliss
L looks at his watch Ahh, I have to go. My lovely Leigh is cooking something special she says… wink I wonder what it will involve… I'll leave Raven and Doris to give you the blurb and excerpt.

BLURB:
What is a marriage without trust?
When damning newspaper reports point to the seeming infidelity of her husband, Formula One Racing Championship driver Luca Corrieri, Leigh runs without waiting for his explanations.
After all, the pictures don't lie. He has been cheating on her with her best friend.
Luca is devastated at the ease with which Leigh abandons what they have. Surely their marriage deserves more, but how do you convince someone of your innocence when they are not prepared to listen?
When the truth finally comes out, is their love strong enough to save their marriage? 

And a wee tease…


Leigh heard the front door close with a thud. It sounded like the death knell, and she closed her eyes. What had she done? Why on earth was she so sodding determined not to listen?
Because he ripped my heart out. But when did I become so unforgiving. Since when have I thought there were no shades of grey? I liked Angie and I trusted Luca. Would they really have betrayed me like that bloody tabloid said? But if they didn't why didn't they explain? Because I wouldn't let them?
 Leigh looked at herself, and decided she didn't much like what she'd become. Slowly she began to think back over what she'd been told about that weekend a few months earlier.
The phone call saying Luca's mum was in hospital in Glasgow had come just as qualifying got under way. Luca been beside himself with worry until Leigh had said, don't worry I'll go.
Erich had arranged transport and Leigh had reluctantly left her husband on the eve of the race that could bring him his first World Championship.
When she got to Glasgow all had seemed well. Elena had been on her way to the airport to fly out and join them for the race when she'd slipped and fallen. Now kept in hospital overnight for observation, a phone call from Luca to say he had qualified in pole position, had put them all in a happy frame of mind.
The following day, half way through watching the race on TV Elena Corrieri had given a strange gasp and half fallen out of her bed.
After that all thoughts of Formula One, championships and who was winning what went out of Leigh's mind. She spent the best part of the day and night holding her mother in law's hand over a bed in intensive care.
When she was finally taken off the danger list and Leigh slipped out to stretch her legs and to call Luca, the first thing she'd seen were the headlines.
The next thing was the TV and the final straw was when she tried to go home for clean clothes and seen the reporters camped outside.
Leigh had driven on without stopping. Cleared out her bank account, cut her hair with a pair of nail scissors, stripped out the blonde color she'd been for years and returned to her natural red. After that, she booked into a Bed and Breakfast in the middle of nowhere, using her maiden name.
Then and only then she'd read the papers, scoured the Internet, and the following day found a solicitor.
With hindsight she accepted she was in shock and in fact in no fit state to make decisions like that. However by then it was too late. The balls were in motion, and she refused to talk to Luca. He was too late. He hadn't defended his actions, and in Leigh's mind, 'no comment' was as bad as holding a banner up saying "naughty me, I've been caught."
 Now though she wondered. Why was she such a bitch over it all?
*****

Buy it from: Evernight Amazon UK  Amazon  Bookstrand  ARe


Happy reading,

 Love R x







Well what can I say?

I'm growing old disgracefully and loving it.

Dh and I live on the edge of a Scottish forest, and rattle around in a house much too big for us.

Our kids have grown up and flown the nest, but roll back up when they want to take a deep breath and smell the daisies so to speak.

I write in my study, which overlooks the garden and the lane. I'm often seen procrastinating, by checking out the wild life, looking—only looking—at the ironing basket and assuring tourists that indeed, I'm not the bed and breakfast. That would mean cooking fried eggs without breaking the yolks, and disturbing the dust bunnies as they procreate under the beds. Not to be thought of.

Being able to do what I love, and knowing people get pleasure from my writing is fantastic. Long may it last.

www.ravenmcallan.com
Sensuous stories to seduce your soul

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to be back here again. Thanks for still putting up with me.

    ReplyDelete