Friday 25 November 2011

Another day, another contract, and update on Nano

I'm very excited - again! ;-)

Seems to be a permanent state at the moment and I think the only thing that is keeping me upright, as I have the head cold from hell!

*Cue violins in the back ground and poor me noises*

Had to allow myself a teeny bit of a pity party there... Now onto the exciting news!

I signed a contract for Too Hot To Handle yesterday. Those of you who've been with me for a while will remember that this is the manuscript I completed for NaNoWriMo last year. It has been overhauled several times since then, and has now found a home at Evernight Publishing.

To say I am excited would be the understatement of the year. If for no other reason that I can post more pictures of yummy Joe Manganiello who is my visual inspiration for Alex Giovanni, my sexy fire fighter.


I'm having great fun, filling in my coverart request right now. Projected release date is January 2012 and here is my tentative, unedited blurb.

When firefighter Alex Giovanni returns to his old neighbourhood to fulfill family obligations, he is reunited with the woman inhabiting his dreams. The sexy siren ran out on him after one explosive night many years ago. Hiding behind her sensible clothes she portrays the perfect image of Miss Prim and Proper and Alex vows to unlock the passionate woman he remembers. Mixing business with pleasure has never been so much fun.

Kitty Jenkins’ orderly life gets turned upside down when Alex walks into her school. Their passion filled night four years ago has left her with a secret that threatens to tear them apart. Giving into Alex is out of the question, regardless of how much her body craves his touch.

When secrets spill and disaster strikes, can their passion turn into love?

*grin*

On the subject of Nano, I'm putting my hand up and confess that I will probably not complete it this year. Edits, releases, a teething baby and now this blasted cold are interfering.  However Lure Of Forever stands at  just under 33K and I have it all mapped out in my head, so I will finish this story, polish and submit eventually. Lucas needs his story told and I'm really happy with what I've got so far, so watch this space...

Will now slink off and find some more tissues.




3 comments:

  1. Bless you lol. Im feeling the excitement for you too.:-) Can't wait to read To Hot To Handle when it comes out Alex is just my type. Get better soon XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Doris. I don't know how you do it. I'm still struggling with The Wedding Favour. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so please for your success, which is WELL deserved. so sorry for your cold. ps SVEN is mine...

    ReplyDelete