Thursday 10 October 2013

Guest blog: Blood Hunt by Naomi Clark (@naomi_jay) #newrelease @evernightpub #ff #shifters

I have the lovely Naomi Clark on my blog today with her brand new release, Blood Hunt. I you like f/f stories and shifters to boot, you're in for a treat. This is definitely going on my TBR list.

Take it away, Naomi.

****



Usually if I want to set a story somewhere more exotic than Cambridge, I need to spend a lot of time on Wikipedia and looking at pictures on Google. I got lucky when I decided to write a book set in Paris, because it just so happened that in January 2010 my then-boyfriend (now fiance) decided to take me there.

We were staying in a beautiful hotel in Montmartre, practically on the doorstep of the Moulin Rouge. It's a colourful, crazy part of Paris and I knew immediately this was where Ayla and Shannon would be staying in BLOOD HUNT. The vibrancy and variety of the district, housing everything from upscale bistros to gloriously tacky sex shops, was the perfect setting for my urban wolves to take on the mysterious, deadly villain of the book.

I wanted to really capture the spirit of the area in BLOOD HUNT, but I also wanted to make this Ayla's experience of Paris, not mine. So whilst I was delighted to get to the top of the Eiffel Tower at night and see Paris spread out before me from a great (great) height, Ayla was less keen – wolves and heights don't always mix! And whilst Ayla spent a lot of time exploring the Parisian catacombs, it was somewhere I never visited (so yes, I did have to spend some time on Wikipedia for this book).

The one experience we did share was a visit to the top of the Arc de Triomphe, despite Ayla's fear of heights. I'll always have a very special place in my heart for the Arc, as this is where my boyfriend took me to propose, and a more perfect setting you can't imagine (we'll skim over the part where I threw up, that's another story and kind of detracts from the romance). Ayla and Shannon don't get engaged at the top of the Arc, but I tried to convey the sense of wonder I felt staring out over Paris that night and let my characters feel it too. Hopefully it worked and when you read the book, you'll feel just the same way.

Now, if anyone wants to take me to New Orleans, Mexio, or Tokyo in the name of "research," please let me know...

Blood Hunt

Ayla Hammond is taking on Paris.

Hoping for a romantic getaway in the City of Lights with her girlfriend, Shannon, she finds a city under the dark thrall of Le Monstre.

Getting caught up in mystery and murder was the last thing Ayla and Shannon expected to find in the City of Love, but as the body count grows and tension rises between Parisian werewolves and humans they find themselves stalked by an unknown terror.

What is Le Monstre and why does it make Ayla's wolf want to turn tail and run? Can it be stopped before they become its next victims?

Buy it in Evernight's 25% off Sale


Naomi Clark

Naomi Clark lives in Cambridge and is a mild-mannered office worker by day, but a slightly crazed writer by night. She has a perfectly healthy obsession with giant sea creatures and a preference for vodka-based cocktails. When she's not writing, Naomi is probably either reading or watching 80s cartoon shows, and sometimes she manages to do all three at once.



1 comment:

  1. Wow I love the look of this book!

    And awh you were proposed to on top of the Arc!! How very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete