Friday 6 May 2011

Book Review - Road to Recovery by Alyssa Fox

Yesterday saw the release of the debut novel of Alyssa Fox. I am fortunate to have Alyssa in my Crit group and I foresee big things for her. She is also one of the nicest people I know. But enough of that, before her head swells and onto the book ;-)




Dr. Erin Miller’s life was going great; for the most part, anyway. She was single, had a career she loved, and a cherished circle of friends, but something was missing. When a mentorship with the Chief Pediatric Surgeon becomes available, she couldn’t be more thrilled. Maybe this is just what the doctor ordered! That is, until the handsome and charismatic Dr. Kyle Reynolds decides he wants the mentorship as well.
Kyle Reynolds has lost everything including his wife and daughter. With nothing left in his life except for his job, he sets his sights on the new mentorship position with single-minded determination. The only obstacle he faces is the sexy Dr. Erin Miller.


Read an excerpt. (Opens in a new window.)

I stayed up late to read this, because I could not put it down and I had a smile on my face when I finished it. This is an emotional story with a few twists and turns and the love scenes sizzle, just what I like in a Romance.The hero is arrogant on the outside with a soft heart and hidden depths that Erin brings out of him and together they find their way to their HEA.

There are some truly heart warming scenes in this book, some of them will make you cry and some will make your other half happy, put it this way ;-)

You can buy Road to Recovery at Pink Petal Books and Alyssa is running a Prize Package give away on her blog. You can win a fabulous necklace, so go and check it out.

4 comments:

  1. I don't need to write anything, because Doris wrote everything I would have done. I read it in a 'oner' and was up until all hours. i couldn't put it down. Hard to believe, but I think from the wee teasers she has given us, the next one will be even better! Rock on Alyssa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really lovely review. Like you I was one of the priveleged few to buy an early copy of this book. I'm looking forward to reading it soon when I get a quiet few hours peace.

    Alyssa certainly has a great future ahead. Go Alyssa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to Alyssa with her debut release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's this about my head might swell? LOL Thanks Doris for the review.

    ReplyDelete