Wednesday 5 September 2012

"All Growed Up. I'm a big boy!"

In the words of my now five year old little whirlwind.

I find it very hard to believe that this little person


is celebrating his fifth birthday today.

This was him at stupid o'clock this morning,


making sure everyone knew it's his birthday. He's been talking about this day for months, literally months, lol. The excitement yesterday was something to behold, I tell you. He's very calm and collected today, in comparison!

I am feeling a mixture of pride and nostalgia today, because this is the last week I get him all to myself. His teachers are coming for a home visit this afternoon...

I made the fatal mistake of saying the visit is after lunch. As I am typing this it is ten am in the UK. He has already eaten the contents of his lunch box, and is expecting his teachers to turn up now... They are coming at half past two...

We just had this convo:

"Mummy, why are you not eating your lunch?"
"Because it's not lunch time yet."
"Yes, it is. I've eaten my lunch, so it's lunch time!"

*headdesk*

I predict if  I was to receive a penny for every time he is going to ask me whether his teachers are here yet, I will be a rich woman come this afternoon ;-)

He is starting full time school in exactly a week's time and I will miss our convos. Many of them have been immortalized in my writing. Timmy from Scandinavian Scandal and Noah from Too Hot To Handle are based on conversations I had with a then three year old Tj. It makes me smile when I read them now.

He will love school. He is more than ready, but I best pack the tissues on that first day.



Happy Birthday, my precious boy!

12 comments:

  1. Ah I remember it well. Tj is very good at taking you literally isn't he? so if he's eaten lunch....
    Remember to keep em we let em fly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes he is! And *sniff* I know. He will fly well.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe he's 5 already! I'm always saying it but really, where *does* time go?! Hope he has a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was doing absolutely fine until I saw that last picture! OMG where has the time gone?
    I wish him lots of fun at school and a very happy birthday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday TJ!
    I am sure he will love school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, he is so sweet. I hope he had a great first day at school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kiru. He had his first visit today, and he didn't want to leave!

      Delete