Tuesday 17 January 2012

Book Review - Susie White And The Right Hand Man by Lucy Felthouse



A wedding, an evil plan, a love story and a sacrifice are the order of the day in this modern retelling of Snow White and the Huntsman.



Susie White and her stepmother-to-be have never seen eye to eye, despite all of Susie’s best efforts to be friendly. Eager not to spoil her father’s happiness, Susie still agrees to be bridesmaid at their wedding. When the big day comes, she meets Louise’s right hand man, Scott. Susie had never believed in love at first sight until that moment. The pair hit it off, sharing a mutual dislike of Louise and her wicked ways. Their camaraderie quickly develops into something more, and they date in secret until it’s time for Susie to leave for University – and freedom. Unfortunately, Scott has an earth-shattering revelation, which means the two of them of them must work together to unravel Louise’s evil plan, before it’s too late.




I love the re-telling of old stories, and this short tale does not disappoint. I have read  a few of Ms Felthouse's shorter tales now and I have loved every one of them. This is an interesting modern twist on the old fairytale, that left me with a smile at the end. Despite its shortness I found myself invested in the characters. I wanted Lucy and Scott to get their happy ending and I loved the little twist I wasn't expecting.
If you're looking for an entertaining short read, then you can't go wrong with this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment