Friday 12 September 2014

Flash Fiction Friday - Emergence #FFF

Hurray it's Friday. It's been quite a week. Those of you friends with me on Facebook will have been holding my virtual hand as I've been settling my youngest at nursery.

Never an easy task, and made even more emotional because he is and always will be my baby.

*sniffs*

Anyhoo, the whole thing has meant that my writing has taken a back seat. I seem to have managed the grand total of seven sentences in my WIP since Monday... so I've struggled a bit with today's picture, It's a challenging one for sure.

This is what I eventually came up with..




Sam stared at the empty space, where moments before bright splashes of paint had been. Nothing was working. It’s as though the universe itself was set out to sabotage him today.
The storm raging outside had taken down the power lines, so he was working by the light of the moon, and this damn paint was not settling. It slid off the easel, as though it was water, and he was running out of time.

As lightening illuminated the attic, the paint slipped out of Sam’s grasp and hit the canvas. A figure materialized in the glistening swirls at last.

****

Friday Flashers have 100 words to tell a story from the provided picture prompt. Do check out the other flashers. You won't be disappointed. :-)

Till next week, folks.
D x

7 comments:

  1. Like the idea of the artist eorking in the attic on a stormy night. Very chilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a kind of eerily twisting tale. The little splash of attic added a haunting factor. Ala, "Laura". As usual, I enjoyed it very much and thought the premise very smart. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice twist, Doris! Love the paranormal setting. Makes me want to know what happens next :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful ending. I love how something good evolved even with her art troubles due to the storm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I def want to know more, what happened after the figure appeared? Did he feel complete? I loved this take. Great flash.

    ReplyDelete