Tuesday 16 December 2014

#TantalizingTuesdays - A Second Chance

Happy Tuesday, lovely peeps. I think I might have to write the full story for today's flash... Enjoy, I hope.



Zeb crunched the damn card up in his hand, and wished he could swipe the entire surface of that table onto the floor. It would give him some small satisfaction to see all the finery smashed to pieces. It was a fucking shame he hadn't been able to smash Brian's face in.
How fucking dare that scum bag do this to Giselle? Zeb had never liked the other man. He'd told himself it was just his jealous feelings clouding his opinion of the far too slick Brian. After all, the blasted man had got to Giselle, before Zeb had managed to pluck up the courage to tell his best friend that he loved her.
 The hesitant click clack of her heels behind him told him that Giselle had finally emerged out of the ladies. She'd retreated in there after finding her asshole fiancĂ© fucking her best friend at their wedding rehearsal dinner.
"You're still here?" she asked.           
Zeb turned around and smiled at her.
"Where else would I be, treacle?"
Her beautiful eyes filled with fresh tears, and he opened his arms, grateful beyond belief when she flung herself into them and snuggled close.
"I've been such a fool, Zeb."




Tantalizing Tuesday Authors use a photo prompt to tease in 200 words. Please click on the graphic to check out the other fabulous participating authors.


As ever, let me know what you thought of my teaser today. 

D xx 

17 comments:

  1. :-) But it can't be that straightforward, can it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not. There's reasons he hasn't told her ;-) weg

      Delete
  2. I got really hooked her to the tease Doris. I love reading about some kind of drama. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie, blasted story keeps niggling at me now, lol

      Delete
  4. Very nice tease, Doris. I loved the way you used tension to keep this alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unrequited love, competition, jealousy, betrayal, shame, humility, love and that was all in the first paragraph. Typical Doris. In on the mark and a quick artful exit and by design. I loved it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ths is an excellent example a story compacted with a great amount of different emotions.The reader certainly hopes she falls for Zeb. Brian's characterization is one of being a shit. I love how you you created a story with all the emotions within in so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser. I could sense the anger and tension build up within him plus the realization that he should move on. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not fond of how this ends. I love the anger and passion filling the first three quarters and kind of wish we had stayed with Zeb instead of giving the last line to her. Still, a powerful and moving piece full of emotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angelica, there's lots more angst to come for those two :-)

      Delete
  9. Beautifully written, yet painfully sad, tease. I hope she sees sense and realizes Zeb is the man for her

    ReplyDelete