Tuesday 20 January 2015

#TantalizingTuesdays Trouble

Happy Tuesday, folks. Today's picture is the villain in my current WIP The Witch's Protector, and this scene will form part of the story, so enjoy :-)


(Source: Tumblr)

The roar of the powerful engine rung in her ears and Joanne’s heat leapt in her throat. He was back already? She dusted her muddy hands off, and sprinted round the side of her little cottage, only tempering her steps, when she knew she could be seen from the road.
Decorum, my dear. Make them chase you, never the other way round.
Her late foster mother’s words made her slow her hasty walk down to a leisurely stroll, and she fixed an uninterested, but polite smile on her lips for extra measure. One she didn’t have to fake, when she saw who was lounging on his bike. It wasn’t her Henry.
My Henry?
The excited butterflies in her tummy ground to a halt with a screech of alarm at the smirk on this man’s face.
“Well, look who we have here? A mongrel loving witch. I can smell that whole sorry lot all over you. You should try a real man for size.”
Joanne’s fingers itched to spell that infuriating man right off his seat, but that wouldn’t be wise. Besides, she was still getting used to her growing powers, and might well kill him in the process.

Then again…



Tantalizing Tuesday Authors use a photo prompt to tease in 200 words. Please click on the graphic to check out the other fabulous participating authors.


As ever, let me know what you thought of my teaser today. 

D xx 

19 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what happens with him. How much does Joanne know about her powers.I hope you share more of this scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I'm 16 K into this story. Thanks, Pablo :-)

      Delete
  2. All I have to say is... NICE! You filled this with so much emotional tension. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it fits right into the middle of a story. Perfect teasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angelica. I must say I'm having a ball writing it.
      :-)

      Delete
  4. Ooo! This is a good one. I'd like to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Doris, a nice WIP and a good tease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *happy grin* Thanks, Angie :-)

      Delete
  7. I am so used to coming for a visit and seeing something smashing, it is a foregone conclusion. You got me on the first line..." Joanne’s heat leapt in her throat." Already I can feel the build. She may be eager to see her Henry, but she is going to love to hate to love this badboy. Loved it as usual, Doris. Great visuals, owonderful emotion, spiraling drama. Right up my alley. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Muffy, but, nope, she won't do with this bad boy. He is rather evil.

      Delete
  8. evil but i bet Jo will sort him out *wink* hehe love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. great tease with just a slight hint of darkness to it. I loved it

    ReplyDelete