Wednesday 29 February 2012

Guest Blog - Toni Sands - Orchid Pink



Sensual, sassy, sexy … three words to make your heart leap … three words that belong together in erotic romance. Finding myself here on Leap Year’s Day is a privilege. It’s not something that can happen for another four years! So I’ll try my best to entertain you on this special day. If it’s the first time for four years that you’re celebrating your birthday or anniversary on the actual date, then I send extra warm wishes and congratulations.

I like to read about heroines who fit the three ‘S’ words. Most of my own heroines, hopefully, fit the bill too. Until recently, all my published stories were contemporary though there’s a novella, Taming the Wild Man (Xcite Books) which is set in a futuristic world. You could call in on my website later and check out the extract. I’d love to know what you think, especially if you haven’t come across my work before.

So how does my latest heroine, a Victorian lady, whose story begins in the year 1900, measure up to the three ‘S’ words? For starters, Adelaide, outwardly demure and fulfilling the dutiful daughter image, loves sensual things. This is a gift for me because I feel precisely the same. And these are the words that lend themselves so well to erotic writing. A little touch is often all you need to create that special mood.
There are certainly dark secrets, spicy scents and intense and disturbing emotions rippling throughout Orchid Pink.

The following extract comes from the latter part of the novel when Adelaide and her friend, Ruth, are enjoying a little art appreciation.

Two young ladies disported themselves beneath a willow tree in a breathtaking mosaic of legs, arms, breasts and buttocks. We were both transfixed by the fine lines and sweetness of the subjects and the fragile pastel shades of wild flowers dotting the lush grass. The willow fronds seemed to sway in the breeze while the bold young ladies frolicked.
The next picture was a pencil sketch depicting a pretty girl seated beside a bath tub, one leg propped on its edge as one hand stroked between her thighs. Her eyes were closed and her stance and dreamy expression brought back memories, heightening my senses and quickening my breath. I took another sip of the sweet, powerful liquid and felt the first trail of desire, as muscular as whatever I was drinking. Ruth linked her arm in mine and I became acutely conscious of her knuckles brushing my breast.

No one was more surprised than me when I found myself writing a novel with a bi-sexual heroine. She’s also my second heroine from a time gone by but Orchid Pink has beaten my new novella as regards time of publication. What these two books have in common is a sensual, sassy and sexy heroine though of course each is clothed to suit her era. I enjoy writing about women who push boundaries and Adelaide Beauchamp certainly does that.

It’s been great to talk to you. I hope you’ll enjoy meeting every one of my heroines. I couldn’t give Adelaide a delectable, handsome hero but you’ll find plenty of those elsewhere in my writing. Enjoy!

*****


Demure Adelaide hides a passionate nature beneath her elegant gowns. After hiring a delicious new maid, Daisy, she can’t wait to initiate her into the delights of the orchid house. Though resenting paternal pressure to marry businessman Thomas, Adelaide finds excitement in his touch and his erotic whisperings. Yet, when he reveals his sinister side, she seeks solace elsewhere. Christmas brings snowflakes, also a vivid reminder of a heart-wrenching past. Intrigue and obsession rock this Victorian household as Adelaide’s poignant search for love leads her into storms. Will she ever bask in the sunshine?

Orchid Pink is available from Amazon UK, Amazon US and All Romance eBooks, as well as other good eBook retailers.
*****
Toni Sands lives near the Black Mountains in Wales. Many of her ideas arrive while she’s walking by the river or travelling by train and she also finds inspiration when visiting London. This is where she enjoys roaming galleries and gazing at colourful window displays. She drinks too much coffee and often talks to strangers. Her erotic romances feature in collections by Virgin Black Lace and Accent Xcite, both paperbacks and e-books. She writes to entertain, sometimes finding, as in the case of her new heroine, a character will pop into her head, demanding to have her story told. Toni enjoys networking and belongs to the Romantic Novelists’ Association. She’d like to keep on writing as long as her readers keep on reading.



2 comments:

  1. Sensual, sexy and sassy - just how I like 'em ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your style, Jorja. Thanks for letting me know.
    Toni x

    ReplyDelete