Monday 13 February 2012

Author Interview with Jorja Lovett


Please join me in giving a warm welcome to the luscious Jorja Lovett, whose debut novella Pyramid Of Passion is now available from Breathless Press.

Blurb:
Rosie Carter can't decide – should she act on her feelings for her real-life co-worker or lose herself in the fantasy of her Ancient Egyptian lover?

Rosie Carter starts her night shift at the museum by finding the security guard, Nick, screwing a redhead in the office. Running from her attraction to him, she distracts herself with the newly acquired Ancient Egyptian exhibit.

The Gold of Valor catches her eye—a pendant bestowed on the Pharaoh's soldier, Edifu. Its mystical powers transport her into the bedroom of the man himself, who thinks she's a gift from the gods and worships her with his mouth, his tongue...

She discovers the joy of sex and a newfound confidence with her hunky warrior, and she's caught between her fantasy life and dull reality. When Nick starts to show his true feelings toward her, Rosie has to decide what it is she really wants.


*pulls out chair for Jorja*

Thank you kindly

Make yourself at home, Jorja. Btw, I read your sexy Egyptian in one sitting and I must say he cheered me up royally when I was full of a cold ;-) Every girl should have one I reckon!

He certainly knows how to get a girl hot, doesn't he <grin> I'm glad he was able to put a smile on your face and actually I could do with him now… Aachoo!


Q.Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

I'm a mild-mannered housewife by day and a purveyor of smut by night. That's how my other half describes me anyway.

Purveyor of smut, I love it!

Q.What made you write ‘this’ story?

It was a story that has been in my head for a while, since I visited the Tutankhamun exhibition in London a few years ago. Believe it or not this started out as a children's story lol The whole idea of the Gold Valor of necklace transporting someone back to Egypt was something that just wouldn't leave me but writing the adult version was way more fun!

Q.I love the cover! How much input do you get into ensuring the cover fits, and does it?

Lol I tortured them until I had it exactly the way I wanted it. I'm totally in love with my Egyptian and because he's such a strong, imposing figure, I had very definite views on what he should look like. It's important to the author that their cover is in keeping with the characters and I'm lucky that Breathless Press indulged me and listened to my ideas until he was perfect.

Q.Describe a typical day’s writing for us

Hmm, it usually starts with a cup of tea followed by important internet 'research'. I'll scribble for a bit in a notebook then I'll stick the kettle on again. Check for important e-mails, then force myself to write at least 1k before I succumb to Facebook and Twitter. Repeat this pattern until it's time to do the school run, then a quick tidy up before hubby comes home. The glamour!

 Lol, I know. A far cry from the glamorous life folks seem to think romance writers lead.

Q.What inspires you?

I get inspiration from all around – a face in a crowd, a drive in the country or a story in the news – and my dirty mind does the rest ;)

Q.If you weren’t a writer what would you be?

Definitely something creative. I studied Art and Photography at school and I used to sell paintings and handicrafts to local shops. I have restless hands and an overactive imagination!

Q.Do your characters ever surprise you?

All the time. I usually have a vague plan of where I am going with a story and like little devils on my shoulder, they'll suddenly chirp something naughty in my ear. Take Nick the security guard for example. At the beginning of my story, I just had Rosie pushing her cleaning cart around the museum but good old Nick decided it would be better if she caught him balls deep in another woman. And whaddaya know, that became quite a memorable scene J

And what a scene it is!

Q.What could not do without when you’re writing?

I know most people these days just use their laptops to write but I have to have a notebook and pen and write my story in longhand first. I'm very particular about my notebooks and pens though!

It amazes me that you craft your stories by long hand, but I'm very glad you do, cause I love this story!

Q.What words of wisdom do you have for the aspiring authors out there?

Try and rid yourself of that 'I'll never be any good' mentality. We all go through it but the only way to succeed is to persevere.

Q.Where do you see yourself in ten year’s time?

Sitting by the pool in my Spanish villa, still writing, but with a cabana boy to bring me cold drinks and inspiration.

Q.Do you have a favourite quote?

My favourite quote at the moment came from an author on Twitter – 'Don't underestimate the importance of mulling'. I like it because I spend about 75% of my time mulling over where I want to take my characters before I actually put pen to paper. It's also an effective procrastination technique…

That's a great quote, and so true!

Q.Do you ever suffer from writer’s block?

Usually around the second chapter! I always spend more time on the first chapter and I know how the story will end but I tend to lose it in the middle for a while. I have to take time out at this stage and try to let the story form organically in my head, rather than forcing it.

Q.What other books can your readers look forward to?

My next book, In Her Element, is out in March as part of The Blood Bar Chronicles. It tells the story of unassuming Ana Chapman who meets up with Fire Elemental, Zanaan on one fateful night in Scotland. He certainly gives her the taste of excitement she's been looking for!

I'm also pleased to say, Evernight are going to publish my full length contemporary romance, Into the Wild in April *squee*

Squee indeed. You're in for a treat, folks. I was fortunate to read Into the Wild in its draft form and it's hawt!

And finally can you share an excerpt with us?

Anything for you Doris xx

Pyramid of Passion
"Hmm. Your strange attire would indeed appear ineffective armor for the Goddess of War. If you are not the Goddess herself and she has not sent you, then perhaps Qadesh? Such a gift from the Goddess of sexual pleasure would surely increase a mortal's prowess on the battlefield tenfold." He drew a thick fingertip from the hollow of her throat to the zipper on her smock. Rosie had gone from Goddess to sex toy in one fell swoop.
                                                                                                               
That channel of need Nick's earlier performance opened up now swelled within her at another's touch. Adrenaline buzzed through her eradicating rational thought and she clung to facts where she could find them. "You're a soldier?" she asked.
                                                                                               
"Yes. In King Rameses' Army." He rasped the zipper up and down in wonder, exposing and covering her goose-pimpled skin until she wanted to rip the damn thing off herself.

When she set aside the pleasures of her flesh for a moment, the importance of his words filtered into her brain. His obsession with the simple metal fastener of her top coupled with the exotic dreamscape forced her to ask the question, "What is your name?"

"Edifu." With one final tug, he unzipped her uniform and pushed it from her shoulders.

Okay! If, somehow this whacky set-up could possibly be real, was she really ready to leap into bed with the first Ancient Egyptian soldier to try it on with her?

Large hands cupped her breasts through the white cotton of her bra. When he bent to kiss her full on the mouth, she gave herself over to the moment. If, on the other hand, this was all fantasy, why deny herself a starring role?

"By the Gods, you are a true beauty." His husky voice on her lips commanded a rush of liquid desire to flood south.

How long since a man paid me a compliment? Kissed me with such reverence? Too long. She returned the passionate kiss with interest; let her hands explore the broad expanse of warrior chest available to her.

The humidity of the night combined with the radiating heat between their responsive bodies, soon became too much to bear. Besides, she couldn't wait until Eddie here figured out the complexities of the modern bra clasp. Under his lust-filled watch, Rosie divested from the remainder of her clothes.
He took a step closer and she shivered in his shadow. Masterful male fingers palmed her uncovered breasts, his sun-kissed skin in relief against her porcelain complexion, and stroked a thumb across her nipple. It stood to attention and he rewarded it by sealing his mouth around the pink tip. Gasps of delight seeped from her when he suckled and his tongue joined in the courtship.

Powerful arms lifted her and carried her over to the bed to lay her on the virginal white linen sheets. Totally at his mercy, she was enjoying every sinful second. For however brief a spell, she would revel in her womanhood and experience this man with pure abandon.

She reached for his granite-hard cock. He caught her searching hand and pinned it to the bed above her head. With a sensual smile he started a slow descent along her body, marking a path with a trail of wet kisses. Starting with her mouth, he moved down the center of her body, diverting only to pay homage to one unattended breast. Goddess or not, soldier boy seemed intent on worshipping her.


….

Closing statement, any links etc.
Thanks to you Doris, I'm now planning on marketing this as a cure for the common cold J


And on Twitter @jorjalovett

****

Thanks so much for stopping by Jorja.

Now, folks, go on, what are you waiting for? You know you want a piece of him, don't you?

*sniggers*



2 comments:

  1. nice to meet you Jorjia and your ancient egyptian... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to meet you Jorja. That's one hot Egyptian. :)

    ReplyDelete